Saturday, March 1, 2008

A different concert - Broadway Beauties

On this Friday, The ESL's activity was to hear a concert. This concert was different from the other concerts that I heard before. It's not only music from orchestra. The performance combined the orchestra and the singers. Full of the show was a story about three women live in New York. They sang many famous songs, including one of my favorites - "Over the Rainbow". I wanted to tear when I heard this song. The music vibrated in my heart.

After the concert ended, we saw the singers in the lobby. Their singing was very melodious. I took a picture with a singer. She is so beautiful. (My girlfriend looked the picture. "Who is the woman? Why her hand put on your chest?" She was very angry to say. But I know she was kidding. She was just a little jealous.) After that, We met the conductor of Calgary Philharmonic Orchestra. He told us a lot of things about him. He said that his two favorite instruments are trombone and saxophone. Haha, Trombone is the instrument that I played when I was in senior high school. This concert made me to thought of past. I missed the time that I practiced with my friends in the school and held a concert by ourself.

Thanks for Hsiao-Yen, Liliana and Javier. Because I didn't want to go to the concert originally. But in all the afternoon, they told me the concert will be very good. They wanted me could go with them.

1 comment:

Marcy said...

Wow really great pictures. It's a good thing you went, new experiences are always good.